Who is Marci Lynn McGuinness?
• Marci Lynn McGuinness is the author of 30 books, story teller extraordinaire, screenwriter, and southwestern Pennsylvanian historian. She is THE expert on Uniontown/Summit Mountain Hill Climb and board track history, and the auto pioneers who backed the big races.
• McGuinness owns the rights to many true stories, including those from
her Yesteryear at the
Uniontown Speedway and Speedway Kings, 100 Years of Racing History books.
• For 21 years, author, Marci Lynn McGuinness has researched the details of the men and one woman behind the internationally famous Summit Mountain Hill Climbs and Uniontown Speedway board track.
• McGuinness' third novel, “Murder in the Vineyard” will be released May 2014. Meet the lingering spirits of powerful men who ran the Uniontown Speedway boards.
• McGuinness has instigated an annual Summit Mountain Hill Climb to celebrate 100 years of racing history. JOIN US!
• McGuinness' Uniontown Speedway and hill climb photo collection is second to none – over 250 photos and climbing.
• She also records auto history in the making, in her annual “Roaring Knob Racing Program.”
McGuinness' screenplay, Speed Kings takes you behind the scenes of the famous board track. The subject is an untapped adventure waiting to jump off the big screen for you.
How to contact Marci McGuinness:
• Phone: 724 710-2821
• E Mail: email@example.com
• Web: www.uniontownspeedway.com
• Columns: heraldstandard
• WQED documentary: Experience, “40 to Farmington”
• Books and Speedway Kings video: www.amazon.com/author/marcimcguinness
Author Marci Lynn McGuinness is celebrating 33 years of publishing and 52 years of writing in 2014 Her 30th book, Murder in the Vineyard, is set to release in May.
Marci Lynn McGuinness is a high-energy book publisher whose niche is preserving the remarkable and unique history and legends of Southwestern Pennsylvania. Her popular Yesteryear series is a six-book, pictorial collection that reflects the recorded memories of the eldest people of the culturally rich Ohiopyle region. The thousands of vintage photographs featured in these books support the fascinating and compelling stories to give the reader a better understanding of life in the past in this historic rich area.
McGuinness’ work has led her to uncover untold stories of national significance, including Yesteryear at the Uniontown Speedway and Speedwway Kings. McGuinness'electrifying screenplay, Speed Kings, takes you in the pits at the board track with Oldfield and Chevrolet, while George Titlow and Charlie Johnson run the show.
Writing historic accounts of legends such as George Washington, Congressman Andrew Stewart, Vivian Prescott, Barney Oldfield, Louis Chevrolet and Frank Lloyd Wright have established McGuinness as a local expert on the area’s history. Her research has ranged from subjects like ghost-busting to early wooden board track racing to the sacred buffalo. This has provided McGuinness with the extraordinary insight needed to give her readers a feeling that they are experiencing these intriguing events as they read every page.
The author lives her work, promoting through television, radio, events, print, web and Roaring Knob Racing Program. She strives to share Southwestern Pennsylvania’s incredible stories and her original fiction.
McGuinness regularly speaks to civic organizations and school students on a variety of subjects stemming from her books, the publishing industry and life as a creative entity. Her column, History, Mystery & Literary Notes, appears occasionally in Uniontown's Herald Standard.
Shore Publications is located in Southwestern Pennsylvania. The publishing company operates on the philosophy that every book counts. The product line includes early racing books, children’s books, cookbooks, history books, a haunted book and books on Ohiopyle tourism-related subjects.
Marci McGuinness, Publisher
Shore Publications River Street, Adah, PA 15410
Check out Pittsburgh PA area books at OneBurgh.com